Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, reacting to the announcement by the Federal Government regarding the commencement of the N5,000 monthly stipend for poorest Nigerians in Ekiti State and eight other states, has described it as mere propaganda.
“A blind man will say it is when it gets into my mouth that I will say you are feeding me, not promises.” He said
The Senior Special Assistant to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, had stated that beneficiaries had already started receiving payments in nine (9) states.
“In the first batch that commenced last week, nine states would be covered, and many of the beneficiaries have already reported receiving their first payments by Friday last week, December 30, 2016. He said
However, according to the statement by Mr. Idowu Adelusi, Governor Fayose’s Chief Press Secretary, there was no evidence of the N5,000 payments in Ekiti State as claimed by the Federal Government.
He added that the states they said have already started receiving payments are the All Progressives Congress (APC) states since the governors cannot deny receiving the payments.
President Muhammadu Buhari should know that Nigerians are hungry and are no longer interested in empty promises. Nigerians are running out of patience having now realized that the APC-led government operates of deceit, he said.
Governor Fayose challenged the Federal Government to publish the names of people receiving the payments and their accounts where funds were sent.
He added that the APC-led Federal Government is only focused on how to entrench itself in power by 2019 and not the welfare of citizens.
He also condemned the N2billion budgeted to be spent in the Presidential Villa this year.