Good Morning Nigeria! It’s Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it every week days (Monday – Friday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust. Enjoy your weekend! ????
1. Senator Ike Ekweremadu, the Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, wants age limits removed for political offices in the nation – Read More
2. The National Economic Council (NEC) said that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan denied about 19 states ecological fund. At the NEC meeting, Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State told Acting President Osinbajo that N2billion be given to the 19 states. He said Jonathan excluded Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Borno, Edo, Ekiti, Imo, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Lagos, Nassarawa, Niger, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara States as well as the Federal Capital Territory. “So, essentially what President Goodluck Jonathan did was to take N2 billion each from the Ecological Fund and give to some PDP states. Any PDP state that was not his friend; like Kano and Kwara didn’t get, and all the other opposition parties like no ACN state got anything, no ANPP state got anything,” El-Rufai said – Read More
3. Worrisome story of how militants stormed a Lagos School and abducted 6 students. I hate ugly stories – Read More
4. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo assures Nigerians that the Federal Government will improve power before 2019 – Read More
5. Minister of Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, explains why there won’t be an open bidding for refineries in the nation – Read More