Good Morning Nigeria! Hope you all had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. Senator Shehu Sani, the Senator Representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to reshuffle his cabinet. The senator said this while speaking to newsmen in Kaduna. “There are hyenas, jackals and wolves within the cycle of the presidency that have personal interests other than that of Mr. President,” senator Shehu said “But it is time for Mr. President to throw some people out of his cabinet and change the portfolio of some of them so they can help him to perform better. There is mid-term fatigue that exists and the only way out is to bring in capable hands,” he added.
2. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) tells former ruling party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to stop making comments on Nigeria’s economy. The statement was issued by Mr. Bolaji Abdullahi, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, while addressing journalists. “If you create a problem and other people are trying to solve it, the least you could do is to, at least, keep quiet, not continue to lay claim to any superiority.
3. Former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, says that President Muhammadu Buhari is a true democrat. According to him, Mr. President for hosting the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the Presidential Villa, exhibited the characteristics of a true democrat. “I am happy with President Buhari for his meeting with opposition. We need a vibrant and strong opposition and the meeting with PDP showed that President Buhari means well for the growth of democracy”, he said
4. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State at the annual Hawan Nassarawa yesterday, said that many members of the Boko Haram terrorists group who invaded Kano to launch attacks during Sallah were arrested in Kano within the few days of the festivities. “The arrested insurgents were taken to Abuja this morning (yesterday) for further investigation. Possibly, these insurgents were from Sambisa forest and their plan was to launch another coordinated attack on Kano during Sallah celebrations,” Ganduje said.
5. Oyo State lawmakers allege that they have not received Ibadan chieftaincy review document.