Good Morning Nigeria! Hope you all had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that fighting corruption is economically imperative as it is the reason for slow development of the nation and poverty of millions of Nigerians, adding that that is why President Muhammadu Buhari has given priority to the fight against corruption.
2. Mainan Zazzau Communication Committee has called on Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State to give incompetent teachers 6 – 12 months to upgrade their knowledge and skills rather than sacking them.
3. A former deputy chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Bode George, has called on former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to return back to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) following his exit from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying that Atiku is a landlord in the PDP as he is among the G-34 that established it.
4. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar reportedly met with leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in North-East zone ahead of his expected defection to the party.
5. Ahead of the rescheduled Anambra Central Senatorial re-run, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh, has challenged Dr. Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour and Employment, to resign from President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet and challenge him.