Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! 🙂 Enjoy your weekend!
1. Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, said that the PDP after defeating ruling All Progressives Congress in 2019, will access President Muhammadu Buhari led APC government’s anti-corruption war.
2. Governors in South-Eastern states deny issuing warning to the Federal Government over killings of members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), a group spearheaded by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the man leading the Biafra secession movement.
3. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State after a meeting on Friday with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja said that there are plans ongoing to ensure that Buhari contests for presidency in 2019.
4. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), has denied leaking report of high profile corruption cases, including that of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.
5. The Nigeria Police Force has blamed the supporters and members loyal to former Governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, in Kano clash with supporters of current governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.