Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) clears six (6) aspirants for the Anambra State Gubernatorial Elections. The candidates includes; Capital Oil Boss, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, Senator Stella Oduah, Dr. Alex Obiogolu, Mr. John Emeka, Lynda Ikpeazu, as well as Mr. Oseloka Obaze, a former Secretary of Anambra State, who was given a conditional clearance.
2. Presidency reportedly plans to probe the Nigerian Army over alleged human rights abuses. An 8-man Investigation Panel was set up by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo in Abuja on Friday.
3. The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, sets up a panel to investigate alleged bribe for promotion in the Nigeria Police Force.
4. The United Nations clashes with the Nigerian Army, says that recent invasion at its building in Maiduguri the capital of Borno State was without a search authorization.
5. As published on Daily Trust, here are the five (5) major issues President Muhammadu Buhari who has been in London, United Kingdom, on medical leave for over 93 days is expected to tackle as he returns and resume office. (1) Cabinet Reshuffle (2) Suspension of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Engr Babachir David Lawal and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ambassador Ayo Oke. (3) The rejection of the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Ibrahim Magu, by the Senate. (4) Boko Haram resurgence (5) The ruling All Progressives Congress internal crisis.