Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! 🙂 Enjoy!
1. The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, on Wednesday after the Federal Executive Council meeting told newsmen that the federal government has failed to fulfill its own part of an agreement in 2016 reached with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
2. Around 5am on Wednesday morning, gunmen attacked the Abuja office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Nobody was killed, but the armed men were shooting sporadically before the intervention of the police. The armed men reportedly left a letter behind before fleeing.
3. The Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, on Wednesday met with a group of northern leaders over the October 1 quit notice ultimatum issued to the igbo tribe residing in the north to vacate the north leaving behind all their properties acquired in the north.
4. The President Muhammadu Buhari Media Support Group, on Wednesday, cautioned the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to stop playing politics with the sensibilities of Nigerians by claiming to achieve what it did not achieve in 16years. According to the group, what one individual stole under the PDP government is enough to build 6 airports, 2 rail lines and agricultural projects.
5. In a recent report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) the most corrupt public officials in Nigeria are the Officers of the Nigeria Police Force, Judges and prosecutors. The NBS stated that government officials received about N400billion in bribes from June 2015 to May 2016.