Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! 🙂 Enjoy!
1. Musa Iliyasu Kwankwaso, the nephew of former Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, alleges that the former governor has given his supporters the go ahead to dump the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the opposition party Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
2. The Director General of the National Refugee Commission, Sadia Faruk, said that the Federal Government has so far evacuated 7,000 migrants from Libya. He stated this while speaking to State House Correspondents after a meeting with the National Emergency Management Agency with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari in his reaction to the recent ugly revelation of Nigerians and other African being sold as slaves in Libya, North Africa, said that it is sad to see Nigerian being sold like goats for cheap price.
4. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Minister of Finance, has reportedly suspended the Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Mr. Mounir H. Gwarzo, and two others in the commission over alleged financial impropriety.
5. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State said that there is no alternative to President Muhammadu Buhari come 2019. “I have not seen an alternative to Buhari for now. I’m committed to my belief that he is the kind of leader we need at this time,” he said.