Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State describes members of the APC Akida group as destructive agents working for the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), with the aim of destroying the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). “I am not the target of the group, they are only involving me being the governor of Buhari’s state of origin. But in actual sense, Buhari is their target. “One can clearly understand their motive; they have been going from one state to another, particularly President Buhari’s stronghold states, creating confusion in the ruling APC,” he said.
2. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has reaffirmed that there is no going back in his plans to upgrade the quality of education in the state, adding that the sack of 21,000 primary school teachers is in the interest of the 2 million pupils in public primary schools.
3. Mr. Stuart Symington, the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, alongside his aide, Mima Torres, visited Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, asked about his presidential ambition come 2019, saying in just three years, he has so far done well in the area of infrastructural development in Ekiti State.
4. Despite the ban not to hold their religious procession, the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (Shiites) has promised to observe its religious rites despite crackdown by members of the nation’s security forces.
5. Comrade Ayuba Waba, the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), on Wednesday in Kaduna State led a protest over the sack of over 21,000 primary school teachers in the state.