Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. The Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, on Monday, said that his loyalty to the All Progressives Congress (APC) remains unshaken, adding that he has not plans of returning to his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The governor stated this after paying a condolence visit to Jigawa State former governor, Sule Lamido, over his daughter’s death.
2. The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso I, on Monday warned the Oyo State Government not to link him to politics because he is a monarch and not a politician. Olubadan was reacting to Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s statement saying that Oba Adetunji should not allow politicians use him during the coronation of 21 kings in Ibadan, an event the Olubadan vehemently criticized. “If you belong to the APC, PDP, Labour Party, Accord Party or whatever, you are most welcome. So, politics has nothing to do with my resistance or opposition to the chieftaincy review spearheaded by the Oyo State Government,” the Oba said.
3. The Minister of Interior, Abdulraham Dambazau, on behalf of the Federal Government has declared Friday September 1 and Monday September 4, 2017 as public holidays to mark the Eid el-Kabir celebrations.
4. An 8 member congressional delegation from the United States led by Senator Christopher Coons is in Nigeria on a 3 days visit to meet with top government officials and religious and civil society leaders in the country. The delegation will also visit Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and The Gambia.
5. A former Secretary to the Government of Anambra State, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, on Monday in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Anambra State Governorship Election Primary Election, emerged the candidate of the party in the forthcoming November 18, Anambra State Governorship Election. Obaze who got 672 votes defeated Dr. Ifeanyi Uba, capital oil boss, and Chief Alex Obiogbolu, who scored 94 and 190 votes respectively. Obaze will face the candidate of APGA who is currently the governor of the state, Chief Willie Obiano and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Tony Nwoye.