Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. Chief Edwin Clark on Tuesday when the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debt, Senator Shehu Sani, paid him a courtesy visit at his Abuja residence condemned the Biafra agitation spearheaded by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. He also added that the quit notice ultimatum issued by the Arewa Youths for the Igbos to leave the northern parts of Nigeria is worrisome.
2. President Muhammadou Issoufou of Niger Republic visited President Muhammadu Buhari at his hometown, Daura, Katsina State. President Issoufou was received at the Umaru Musa Yaradua International Airport by the Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari, the Secretary to the State Government, Mustapha Inuwa and other top state government officials.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on 4th September joined Nigerians in watching the return leg of Nigeria vs Cameroon World Cup Qualifier Match from his hometown, Daura, Katsina State. His Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Garba Shehu, shared a picture of Mr. President watching the match. See Buhari watching the match
4. A group identified as the All Progressives Congress (APC) Volunteer Network South-East Zone, affiliated with the President Muhammadu Buhari Supporters Group, has advised the APC to either substitute Dr. Tony Nwoye, the candidate of the APC in the November 18 Anambra State Governorship election, or risk losing the election.
5. Dr. Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour and Employment, on Tuesday, at the opening session of Organization of Trade Unions of West Africa (OTUWA) workshop in Abuja, said that the Federal Government is read to meet with the leadership of the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) today. NARD is currently on an indefinite strike after rejecting federal government’s offer to them. An action the federal government clearly expressed disappointment over.