Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! ???? Enjoy!
1. Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State on Tuesday when he received the midterm report of the Restoration Committee on Education said that it is disheartening to see people wasting when they can be more productive in classrooms. He was referring to about 600 directors in the state ministry of education that does not have any schedule of duties. Chances are that these directors would be deployed to classrooms to address shortages of teachers in the state.
2. Following insinuations that Senator Andy Uba, after his defeat at the All Progressives Congress (APC) Anambra State Governorship Primary Election, defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the senator has in a recent statement vehemently deny the rumour, saying that he still remains a member of APC. “Let’s put the record straight, I have no intention of leaving our great party APC for another party. I have always supported the party, so please people should stop spreading false news that I am planning to defect to another party,” he said.
3. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Tuesday, begged the State Chapter of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) not to go on their planned September 1 strike. The workers had on August 4 asked the state government to clear all outstanding salaries owed to state workers. But the governor in a meeting on Tuesday pleaded with the workers, assuring them that their nightmare would soon be over.
4. Mr. King Ekpedeme, the Comptroller of the Anambra State Command of the Nigerian Immigration Service, said that three (3) foreigners in possession of Independent National Electoral Commission Voters Card have been arrested.
5. Abubakar Malami, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, on Tuesday in Abuja while presenting the ministry’s report for 2016 – 2017 legal year, disclosed plans to create a central body that will coordinate all criminal prosecution in Nigeria.