Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Daily Trust Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading top stories from Daily Trust! 🙂 Enjoy!
1. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says that it has traced about N47billion, $487.5million to the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke. (MY TAKE ON THIS: I find this report very hard to believe. It is really questionable. Where did the money come from?)
2. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria says that President Muhammadu Buhari who has been in London, United Kingdom, for over 90days on medical leave, has not violated any law and should be left alone.
3. Ahead of the forthcoming 2019 Presidential Election, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) reportedly moves to reclaim former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and others who left the party.
4. Lassa Fever: 100 staffs of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital is currently on surveillance after 2 deaths.
5. Crisis rocks newly formed political party, Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA), as High Chief Raymond Dokpesi names Mainasara Illo as new factional chair for the party and Dan Nwanyanwu, a former chairman of Labour Party, as APDA’s new BoT chairman