Good Day Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know today????. Enjoy!
1. Defection is already hitting the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) 3 days to the deadline for submission of candidates names. Since the APC primaries across the nation, the party has been struggling with crisis in almost all the state across the country. So many members who feels cheated in the conduct of the primary election in their respective states had been advised by President Muhammadu Buhari to go to the court. The APC National Chairman, Admas Oshiomhole, had been accused of collecting bribes to favour certain candidates over others.
2. Senate President Bukola Saraki and the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to debate with the PDP presidential candidate, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, ahead of the 2019 presidential election.
3. The Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) ahead of the 2019 presidential election will consider between Atiku Abubakar and four other presidential candidates as consensus candidate. The CUPP is a coalition of political parties which includes the Reformed APC, PDP, Labour party, and other parties to form a united force against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
4. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State in a recent statement says that the crisis in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state cannot be managed. The outgoing governor who has not been in good relationship with Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of his party, over the choice of candidate presented to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the 2019 election in the state. Okorocha wanted his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, to emerge as APC candidate, but INEC chose, a lawmaker, Hope Uzodinma, instead.
5. Following the caution by the Federal Government to the United States against granting visa to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the opposition party has reacted, saying that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was only jittery of an impending defeat in 2019. Atiku who had been previous denied visa repeatedly due to administrative reasons had on Thursday reportedly visited the US Embassy in Abuja for his visa interview. He plans to visit the US as part of his preparation ahead of the 2019 presidential election.