Good Morning Nigeria! Here are a few of what you need to know this Friday morning🙂. Enjoy!
1.Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and the governor-elect of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, on Thursday met separately behind closed-door with former President Olusegun Obasanjo at his residence in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State.
2. The panel set up by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to investigate the non declaration of results of the Tafawa Balewa Local Government during the Bauchi State Governorship poll will submit its report to INEC today. INEC had declared the results of 19 out of 20 Local Government Areas in the state. But the result of Tafawa Balewa LGA was cancelled by the Resident Electoral Commissioner of the state, Mohammed Kyari, because the collation centre was disrupted by thugs.
3. Ahead of the governorship rerun election in Benue State, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced former Senate President David Mark, former Governor Gabriel Suswan, Abba Moro, Governor Samuel Ortom and many other top PDP chieftains in the state as party agents. Senator Dino Melaye of Kogi State was also listed as the party’s returning officer.
4. The Justice Abdul Aboki led Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on Thursday granted access to President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to inspect the materials used for the conduct of the February 23 presidential election across the country. Buhari and the APC through their lawyers had requested permission to inspect the materials needed to defend themselves against the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
5. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State alleges that some people he respects are behind the refusal of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue him a certificate of return as senator-elect. According to Okorocha, the plot was to frustrate his chances of emerging as a principal officer of the senate, as well as crippling him ahead of the 2023 general elections.
6. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday met with Jibrilla Bindow of Adamawa State and Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State, two APC state governors participating in the March 23 governorship supplementary elections. Osinbajo held a closed door meeting with the two governors at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.