Good Morning Nigeria! Here are few stories you need to know this Friday morning. Enjoy!
1. Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, has vowed that killer Fulani herdsmen must be kicked out of Yorubaland.
The Ooni expressed sadness over the rate of crimes in the region linked to Fulani herdsmen.
“We keep hammering on the Fulani herdsmen trying to take over everywhere; it is the bad ones that we want to kick out and enough is enough; we will kick them out and do justice to the peace and peaceful coexistence in our country,” Ooni said in Osogbo while receiving Alhaji Muhammed Dantoro, the Emir of Borgu.
He further revealed that traditional institutions in Yorubaland now have means through which killer herdsmen would be exposed. Read more details on Naija Buzz News
2. Femi Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), alleges that it is illegal for President Muhammadu Buhari to retain about 100 of his aides following the expiration of their tenures.
According to the Human Rights Lawyer, Mr. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation; Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to the President; and others including Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina, Buhari’s media aides, are currently staying in office illegally. Read Falana’s statement published on Naijabuzz.news
3. Umar Halima, a National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) member, who was abducted in January by the Boko Haram terrorist group, has been released following a deal with the sect.
She was taken to Umar Kadafur, the Deputy Governor, alongside military men led by Brig. Gen. Abdulmalik Biu, the GOC 7 Division, to hand her over to the state government for onward reuniting with her family.
Ms Halima was doing her NYSC at the Borno State Ministry of Finance when she was abducted on her way to Gwoza. Read More
4. Prince Mona Mustapha Audu, a son of late former Governor of Kogi State, Prince Audu Abubakar, has joined the Kogi State Governorship race under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Mona on Thursday in Abuja revealed his intention to contest for the APC governorship ticket against the incumbent governor of the state, Alhaji Yahaya Bello.
He berated Governor Bello for allegedly lobbying for President Muhammadu Buhari’s support, saying that if he had performed well, he would not have needed the endorsement of the president. More on Naija Buzz News
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Mele Kolo Kyari as the new Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Kyari who will officially take over from Dr. Maikanti Baru, who served as the 17th NNPC GMD from July 4th 2016 – July 8th, 2019, when he’ll handover officially.
Kyari prior to his appointment served as the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC. He was also the country’s representative to the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Get more details on Naija Buzz News