Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State says that his government will spare nothing to secure the lives of 22million Lagosians.
2. Mr. Abubakar Malami, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, says that the Justice Ministry will by prudence in the utilization of resources.
3. Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State who is the Chairman of the Peoples Democrratic Party (PDP) National Committee on Reconciliation, says that the party needs the South-West to succeed.
4. The Director Generals of the Department of State Services (DSS), Lawal Daura, and National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Mohammed Dauda, reportedly snubbed the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, at Senate hearing.
5. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State presents N178.3billion 2018 appropriation estimate to the state assembly.
6. Ahead of 2019, British Envoy says that restructuring will be a major determinant.
7. Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State tells South-East Governors to join the All PRogresives Grand Alliance (APGA) or be sacked from office.
8. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) reportedly sacks three for registering the governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, twice.
9. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, warns judges to beware of politicians as 2019 approaches.
10. The Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, promises to end fuel scarcity in 48 hours.