Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Comrade Ayuba Wabba, the National Chairman of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), has threatened that the labour union in 2019 will vote out governors who do not pay salary to workers.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo registers his membership as the Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM) lunches in Ogun State. Chief Obasanjo says that the CNM is an alternative to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He however noted that he will quit if the movement joins partisan politics.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Mr. Edward Lametek Adamu, as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
4. Mr. Tajudeen Alabi, the Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), was on Thursday burnt to death in a fire accident in Ayedaade Local Government Area of Osun State.
5. Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State re-insists that the state has no land for the federal government proposed cattle colony.
6. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has again accused President Muhammadu Buhari of ignoring federal character in the appointment of security chiefs.
7. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State urge Federal Government to implement the report of APC Restructuring Panel.
8. Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State has exposed plot to attack the state in the next 10 days. According to him, the information has been disclosed to security agencies and nothing has been done.
9. The ruling APC in its reaction to Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s Coalition for Nigeria Movement says that it is no threat.
10. Governor Wille Obiano of Anambra State urges Federal Government to name a national monument after former Vice President Alex Ekwueme.