Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Dr. Ngozi Olojeme, the Deputy Chairman, Finance Committee of the Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organization in the 2015 presidential election. Olojeme who was the Chairman of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund from 2009 – 2015 was accused of diverting N69billion through her agency.
2. The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, hands party flags to Ekiti State PDP candidates in Local Government elections.
3. A member of the PDP Hon. Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, on Thursday officially decamped to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). He noted that the PDP shut its door against him because he was a part of the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff faction of the PDP. “The Sheriff group which I belong did not participate in the last PDP convention and we were threatened with suspension.” He said
4. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), says that fuel queues will disappear by weekend, as PENGASSAN blames NNPC and marketers for fuel scarcity.
5. The Oyo State Government has released N8.8billion for the payment of Local Government workers salaries.
6. The Nigerian Customs Service has recorded its highest revenue ever of N1trillion.
7. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in its reaction to the emergence of a fractional group in Abuja accuses President Muhammadu Buhari of plot to become sole candidate in 2019.
8. Federal Government has reportedly approved the sales of 5 remaining Mining Corporation subsidiaries.
9. Over N9.6billion has been reportedly spent on education development projects in the FCT in 2017 by the Federal Capital Territory Administration.
10. Militants has reportedly written President Muhammadu Buhari over plans to withdraw $1billion from the Excess Crude Oil Account for fighting Boko Haram, threatens attacks.
11. The Government of Ogun State says it has paid December, 13th month salaries to state workers.
12. Senator Iyiola Omisore, the former Deputy Governor of Osun State, says that the PDP will stop APC’s misrule in Osun before the ruling party destroys the state.