Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. Ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party National Convention, petitions against aspirants flood the party’s secretariat.
2. Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court who was among the judges whose homes were raided sometime in 2016 over alleged corrupt activities voluntarily retire.
3. The Nigeria Police says that recent warning of an impending attack by the Boko Haram terrorist group in Abuja is real.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari in Kano on Thursday at a town hall meeting said that the fight against corruption is more difficult than the fight against insurgency because the corrupt Nigerians are very powerful.
5. The National Judiciary Council (NJC) says that Justice Adeniyi Ademola who recently resigned voluntarily was already recommended for sacking to President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that his resignation was an afterthought.
6. Oil workers threatens nationwide strike from December 18, as federal government ordered Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, to end fuel scarcity by weekend.
7. Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the Igbo Socio political group, reportedly moves for Igbo Presidency in 2023.
8. Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, appoints one new special adviser and 18 special assistants on gender.
9. Federal Government says that foreign rice in Nigeria were been smuggled and some of them are poisonous.
10. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State says that 2018 holds better deal for Lagos residents and investors.
11. In its reaction to recent report which flooded the internet regarding a youth corp member who had monkey pox in Benue State, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says that there is no serving corps member with the disease in the state.
12. Following his recent visit to Kano State and the massive reception he received, President Buhari said it is a clear signal to his opponent ahead of 2019.
13. The Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, says that Nigeria must combat youth unemployment and mercenary trading.
14. Northern rulers says that President Muhammadu Buhari is doing well on the war against corruption and insurgency.
15. Following his statement where he reportedly said that it is time to stop blaming Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, adding that the federal government should get to work, the Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, says that he should not be misquoted.
16. The Kano State Chapter of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to buy form for President Muhammadu Buhari’s second term in 2019. Party’s stakeholders however reportedly threatens to sue the president over 2019.
17. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says that the current resurgence of slavery is condemnable.