Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Monday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government says that it would soon release another list of looters again. This particular list would be the third list of alleged looters by the government. The first and second lists contained names of members of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who are being accused of looting the nation’s treasury. However, names of PDP members who defected to the APC were omitted.
2. The Director of Publicity and Voter Education at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mr. Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, said that INEC cannot arrest and investigate a former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, who recently confessed to have rigged previous elections in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). According to INEC, a security agency must do the investigation and then send a report to the commission before INEC will take action.
3. Dr. Junaid Mohammed alleges that the National Assembly is insisting on election reordering to mask members unpopularity.
4. Bishop Matthew Kukah, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, has expressed support over President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to grant amnesty to the Boko Haram terrorist group.
5. The Northern chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and Christian leaders in the nation have reportedly disowned Arewa pastors who visited President Muhammadu Buhari last week to endorse him for second term in 2019.
6. Prof. Ben Nwabueze, a renowned constitutional lawyer, says that he will not be a part of any peace talk until the federal government unproscribes the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
7. President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to leave for the United Kingdom today, according to reports, Buhari will hold talks with British Prime Minister, Theresa May.