Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) says that the emergence of Prince Uche Secondus as the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is a punishment to the South-West region for its role in 2015 election.
2. Bamidele Salam, one of the candidates for the Deputy National Publicity Secretary position of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says that there was nothing illegal in the process of the election. “I was at the convention of the PDP held yesterday in Abuja. I was there as an aspirant to the office of the National deputy publicity secretary and a stakeholder in the party. At the end of the exercise, I scored 721 votes while the winner had over 1,300 votes. “I observed the proceedings from the beginning to the end and found nothing illegal or fraudulent with the exercise. He said
3. Ahead of 2019 general elections, group drums support for Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s 2nd term bid.
4. The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says that youths are key to achieving corruption free Nigeria.
5. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar congratulates Prince Uche Secondus, the new National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and the new National Working Committee, urges PDP to rescue Nigeria from the misrule of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
6. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State reportedly tackles Senator Bola Tinubu, the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), over comment on President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election in 2019. The governor also expressed worries over the exit of former VP Atiku from the APC.
7. Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike in his response to a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Bode George, who withdrew from the party’s National Chairmanship race over alleged insult to the Yoruba race by Wike, says that he did not insult Yoruba.
8. The Governor of Kwara State says that he and Dr. Bukola Saraki, the Senate President, will not defect to the PDP.
9. Prince Uche Secondus, the National Chairman of the PDP, says that the ruling APC hurriedly assembled to seize power with no plan for governance.
10. APC urges aggrieved members of the PDP that can pass the integrity test to join the party.
11. Labour Party (LP) says that the ruling APC has failed Nigeria woefully.
12. Engr. Markus Gundiri, a Chieftain of the ruling APC in Adamawa State, says that no Nigerian could run against President Muhamadu Buhari in 2019 because of his achievements so far and his popularity. “Who else in this country today can stand election against Buhari and win? I don’t think there is anyone,” Gundiri said
13. Former VP Atiku Abubakar says that only a united Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) can sack the ruling APC from power in 2019.
14. Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the former governor of Kano State, says that President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Kano has vindicated the people of Kano.
15. Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu tells the National Chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, that there is no time for honeymoon.
16. Chief Femi Fani Kayode (FFK) tasks new leaders of the PDP to chage the change.
17. The Peoples Democratic Party has described the ruling All Progressives Congress as a group of deceitful characters.
18. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State says his government is following late Governor Patrick Yakowa’s peace map in Kaduna.
19. SERAP wants President Muhammadu Buhari to probe former President Olusegun Obasanjo, late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.