Good Morning Nigeria! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Here’s what you need to know this Monday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a recent statement issued by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, urges President Muhammadu Buhari to resign as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum and allow competent hand to take over and save Nigerians the stress and trauma of sleeping in fuel stations.
2. Senator John Shagaya, a former Minister of Internal Affairs under the regime of former Head of State Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, is dead; he died on Sunday in a road accident along Langtang-Pankshin road in Plateau State.
3. Mrs. Abiola Ajayi, the Chairman of Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State, says that a suspected herdsman identified as Fulani Bororo killed Tunde Olayemi, a 32 year old father of two.
4. The PDP says that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) cheated and deployed heavily armed security forces to muscle votes for the party in last Saturday’s House of Representatives bye-election in Katsina State. According to PDP, the cheating observed in Buhari’s home state is evidence that his party have completely lost popularity among Nigerians even in his home state.
5. Southern group tells northern elders that the only condition for alliance ahead of the 2019 presidency is Nigeria’s restructuring.
6. Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State apologies to Catholic Bishops over his comment that Christians don’t like President Muhammadu Buhari’s government because there is no loots to pay tithes.
7. The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, says that he will not support the governorship ambition of Senator Magnus Abe, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East. According to him, Abe is daring him and insulting him every day.
8. Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Emir of Kano, has urged Fulani herdsmen under the aegis of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria to expose killer herdsmen among them. Adding that their activities are painting the Fulani ethnic group as criminals which there were not.
9. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has said that it is wrong to associate the Fulani tribe with killer herdsmen. He noted that the herdsmen who kills should be treated as killers and not labeled as Fulani men and women who contributes to nation-building.
10. Mr. Timi Frank, the embattled Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), said that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who has been assigned the responsibility of resolving the problems in the party is not a magician to resolve the myriad of problems in the APC.