Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State has defended the approval of $1billion from the Excess Crude Oil Account by President Muhammadu Buhari to end Boko Haram insurgency.
2. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State alleges that the Federal Government is purposely causing fuel scarcity to justify its planned pump price hike.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alleges that the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government is trying to siphon funds with terrorism war.
4. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar says that the creation of job opportunities and inclusive government that does not engender crisis, will end ill fated migration of Nigerians.
5. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, following the approval of $1billion by President Muhammadu Buhari to tackle boko haram, also demands special funds for Niger-Delta.
6. The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says that Calabar carnival is a platform for job creation and creativity among Nigerians.
7. Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, regarding Nigeria’s restructuring, says that time is running out on oil.
8. Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State will reportedly sue the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over double registration.
9. The Enugu State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has reportedly disowned an alleged APC member Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi recently appointed as commissioner in the state.
10. As oil workers begins strike today, fuel queues return to Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna and other states, despite promise made by the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, to end fuel scarcity.
11. The Naira depreciates to N365/dollar despite the interventions of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
12. Former Senate President, David Mark, has denied receiving N2billion campaign funds for senators.
13. The National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu, says that the APC’s stainless kitchen can accommodate more cooks.
14. Actor Yul Edochie in his reaction to the low votes he got in the recent Anambra State election, says that he does not feel bad, as the candidate of the United Peoples Party (UPP), Chief Osita Chidoka, also said he will vie for the position again.
15. The Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Willie Obiano, says that the All Progressives Grand Allaince (APGA), is the only hope for Igbo survival.