Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a nice weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust & Thisday). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who recently resigned from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), on Sunday formally rejoins the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says ‘I have returned home’.
2. The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, said that the PDP has been expecting the return of former VP Atiku Abubakar.
3. APC says that the Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, is too disorganized to take up governance responsibility.
4. The Government of Kogi State alleges that the state loses about N5billion annually to workers with fake certificates.
5. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State says that the state is in process of developing tourism master plan.
6. Federal Government has appointed Dr. Abdul Zubair as acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), following the suspension of Mr. Munir Gwarzo.
7. Former Head of State, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party National Convention, said that the party must get it right now.
8. Following the warning issued by the United State and the United Kingdom of a plot to bomb the nation’s capital, Abuja, the Federal Government says that there is no cause for alarm.
9. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has vehemently denied reports saying that he has disagreement with Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, says; ‘no frictions between me and Jonathan’.
10. PDP Presidential ticket: Senator Ahmed Makarfi, PDP National Caretaker Committee Chairman, says he may contest in the primary against former VP Atiku Abubakar.
11. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), whose whereabouts has being unknown, says that he is still entitled to $800million compensation.
12. The Department of State Services (DSS) warns Nigerians not to give their phone numbers to strangers, because it may lead to your kidnapping.
13. Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State says that the PDP should focus more on recapturing presidency.
14. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan says that the PDP will become solid after the national convention.
15. The National Chairman of the ruling APC, Chief John Oyegun, says that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan is not maintaining dignity after leaving office.
16. The PDP on Atiku Abubakar’s return says that it has exposed lies and deceit of the APC.
17. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, the Minister of Finance, says that the federal government will name, and shame tax defaulters after VAIDS in March, 2018.
18. Anxiety in the Nigerian Armed Forces as President Muhammadu Buhari is reportedly set to name new Chief of Defence Staff and new service chiefs.
19. Former Governor of Abia State and the Chieftain of the ruling APC, says that President Muhammadu Buhari will win 2019 presidential election convincingly.