Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Saturday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Lawmakers at the National House of Assembly loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari and those loyal to Senate President Bukola Saraki, are at war over proposed change in election sequence.
2. Suspected Fulani herdsmen allegedly killed 11 few hours after President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Plateau State, fresh violence also escalated in Taraba state.
3. The Nigerian Police has reportedly agreed to implement anti-open grazing laws in states where it exists. It appears Benue State has finally won their fight against armed Fulani herdsmen.
4. Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are at war over the governor’s plans to impose his son-in-law as the governor of the state after his tenure. The All Progressives Congress also vows to stop his son-in-law as the governor insists it is time for his son-in-law to rule.
5. Former Senate President David Mark has encouraged Nigerians to go get PVCs to change the current government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
6. Mrs. Aisha Wakil (aka Mama Boko Haram) in a recent statement says that she does not want to think about what abducted Dapchi schoolgirls are currently going through in the hands of their Boko Haram.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in its comment over President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to states affect by violence says that his condolence visits was turned to campaign rallies.
8. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State says that food security is threatened by the persistent Fulani herdsmen attack on Benue communities.