Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Islamic Movement of Nigeria (Shiites) has urged the public to stop rumour about the death of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, saying that he is not dead.
2. Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan, wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, loses appeal to claim $5.8million.
3. Mr. Yusuf Buhari, son of President Muhammadu Buhari, who had an accident on a bike in Abuja, has been discharged from hospital.
4. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, despite the surfacing of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who is obviously going to contest the 2019 election, says that he is still in the presidential race.
5. Nigeria’s Glo who is also in the race to acquire 9mobile, says it has not yet secured the deal.
6. Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State in an apparent comment regarding the $1billion requested by the federal government from the Excess Crude Account to fight Boko Haram, warns against politicization of insurgency funds.
7. Southern states in Nigeria say that they want the federal government to explain its suggestion to create colonies for Fulani herdsmen.
8. Seven (7) northern governors reportedly visited President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja asked him to re-contest in 2019. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State insist, says no apology for supporting Buhari’s re-election bid.
9. Erelu Mojisola Adams, the wife of Gani Adams, revealed that he protested when her husband was named the Kakanfo of Yoruba land.
10. A captured gang member of a notorious criminal who was killed recently in Rivers State, Don Waney, says that he worked from politicians.