Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Saturday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Following the declaration by President Muhammadu Buhari to contest for the 2019 presidential elections, political heavyweights in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), have reportedly approached Social Democratic Party (SDP), Labour Party (LP), and Accord for presidential tickets.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s ex-wife, Mrs. Taiwo, prays that God would abort President Buhari’s re-election agenda the way he aborted her ex-husband’s third term plans in 2007.
3. The Nigeria Police has reportedly arrested 12 more suspects involved in the recent robbery in Offa, Kwara State, which left over 30 persons dead. Items including phones of victims were also recovered.
4. Mrs. Funmilayo Adebola, the 75 year old mother of Raliat Sanni, a mother of 5 who was killed by her pastor, Oluwatobiloba Ipense, and his friend, Prophet Daniel Sopeju, and buried after removing her head and hands inside his uncompleted church building located at Elebute, Papalanto, in Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State, says that the killers of her daughter must die the same way her daughter died.
5. Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says that there are about 8million Permanent Voter Cards that are yet to be collected.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari tells parents of the abducted Chibok girls who are still in Boko Haram captivity after 4 years that his government is concerned and aware that it is taking too long, but however assure them that their daughters would return back home.