Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria because of poor funding of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) says that Nigeria is not ready to fight corruption.
2. Osun State workers declare strike as Governor Rauf Aregbesola pays only half salary.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari while receiving the Governance Support Group at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Friday tells his supporters that he will never forget them.
4. Edo State Government has reportedly commenced N20,000 payment of stipends to Libyan returnees.
5. As fuel scarcity continues, petrol sells at N300 per litre in black market.
6. According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), about four (4) million Nigerians have lost their jobs in 2017.
7. The Government of Akwa Ibom State opposes $1billion Boko Haram funding recently approved from the Excess Crude Oil Account.
8. PENGASSAN accuses marketers of trying to increase fuel price.
9. About 1,500 members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has reportedly defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State.
10. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) House of Representatives members reportedly celebrated the defection of their colleague to the APC.
11. The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has reportedly banned SARS from conduting stop and search operations.
12. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) says that Nigeria’s economy is still vulnerable despite exiting recession.
13. DPR accuses petroleum marketers of diverting 129,000 litres of petrol from Abuja.
14. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) tells Minister of Petroleum, Muhammadu Buhari, to end fuel scarcity.
15. President Muhammadu Buhari said that Nigeria is surviving past abuses only by God’s act.