Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) enlists 3.6million new voters as 120 associations seek registration as political parties.
2. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says that Uche Secondus, one of the aspirants for the position of the National Chairmanship of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will emerge winner today.
3. Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo revealed that foreign allies planned to use commando operation to rescue him from prison but he refused.
4. Ahead of 2019 Presidential Election, the Enugu State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) volunteers to print posters for President Muhammadu Buhari.
5. Eight candidates jostle for 2,233 delegates votes at today’s Peoples Democratic Party National Convention in Abuja.
6. Vice President Atiku Abubakar says that he did not enrich himself with government resources, claims he assembled the economic team who worked during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
7. United State and the United Kingdom say that terror attacks in Abuja still likely.
8. One of the aspirant for the position of the PDP National Chairmanship, Chief Bode George, withdraws from race, slams Governor Nyesom Wike.
9. Real Madrid and Portuguese start, Christiano Ronaldo, following his emergence as the world best player, says that he is the best in history.
10. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar ahead of today’s PDP National Convention says that he has no preferred candidate.
11. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan says that all candidates contesting for the various PDP positions qualifies, adding that he has no preferred candidate.
12. Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, says that she cannot be blackmailed over the suspension of the Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Mr. Mounir H. Gwarzo.
13. The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, criticizes media on anti-corruption war.
14. Justice Dantijo Mohammed, of the Supreme Court has sacked Sunday Aghedo of the All Progressives Congress (APC) representing Ovia South West at the Edo State House of Assembly.
15. PDP Governors led by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State are reportedly pushing for the emergence of Prince Uche Secondus to win the PDP Chairmanship race at the convention today in Abuja.