Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Sunday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) who are in support of the tenure extension granted to the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Oyegun, are set to move against other party heavyweights who are reportedly planning to challenge the extension.
2. A female Boko Haram negotiator, Aisha Wakil (aka Mama Boko Haram), who is the founder of the Complete Care Aid Foundation, alleges that members of the Maman Nur (a peaceful groups of Jamatul Ali’s Sunna, Liddawati Wul Jihadi), are responsible for the kidnap of 110 schoolgirls from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State. She added that the abductors are ready to surrender but are apparently afraid of how they would be reintegrated into the society.
3. Kaduna State Senator, Shehu Sani, in a recent statement has described the reconciliatory move by the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as the party’s last penalty kick.
4. Mr. Abubakar Sodiq, a senior legislative aide to Kogi State Senator, Dino Melaye, alleges that Governor Yahaya Bello begged Mr. Melaye to recommend a technocrat as the Secretary to the State Government (SSG).
5. Former Nigeria Senate President, David Mark, says that the crisis between Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and other governorship aspirants under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state has been resolved.
6. The Bishop of Anglican Communion Maiduguri Diocese, Rev. Emmanuel Morris, says that there is nowhere to live and worship because of Boko Haram.
7. Nigeria’s Presidency alleges that enemies of Nigeria are jubilating over the recent abduction of 110 Schoolgirls from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari, 22 other Governors, attended Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi children’s wedding yesterday in Kano.
9. Professor Tunde Adeniran, a former Minister of Education, alleges that the Peoples Democratic Party has been purchased and pocketed by certain party members and has consequently lost its place in decent party politics.
10. The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, commissioned the Dangote Business School in Bayero University, Kano. The N1.2billion DBS will serve as an incubation centre for entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial development in Nigeria.