Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Sunday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Coalition of Nigeria Movement will reportedly adopt new party this week, as talks with the Social Democratic Party (SDP) failed. According to report, the CNM is expected to hold a press conference soon to announce which party the coalition will adopt ahead of the 2019 general elections. Apparently, the former president and the Chairman of the SDP, Chief Olu Falae, could not reach an agreement on the modalities and strategies for the 2019 general elections.
2. Violence, protest and confusion marred the All Progressives Congress (APC) nationwide congress held in Rivers, Ondo, Oyo, Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Adamawa States on Saturday. The congress was held to elect new executives of the party at ward levels. Also, the APC governorship primary election held in Ekiti State ahead of the forthcoming governorship election in the state was postponed indefinitely over violence.
3. Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in a recent statement during the church’s May Holy Ghost Service on Friday titled ‘Stronger than your Enemies 5’, said that the 2019 general elections may not hold if the killings across the country continue.
4. The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Ayokunle, in a recent interview with Punch, said that President Muhammadu Buhari should expect more protests from Christians. CAN had last week organized a nationwide protest against the killing of Christians in churches.
5. Former Governor of Kaduna State, Balarabe Musa, said that President Muhammadu Buhari should be removed from power if impeachable offences are proved against him.
6. Dr. Doyin Okupe, Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s former spokesperson, says that the Obasanjo’s Coalition for Nigeria Movement will present a candidate who will defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 president election.
7. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State while speaking in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State, during the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) South-West zonal rally on Saturday says that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is no match for the PDP in the forthcoming governorship election in the state as well as the 2019 general elections.