Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our weekend edition of today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. The Nigerian Army on Saturday vowed to expose those who it described as political collaborators of Boko Haram terrorists.
2. Former Minister of Education, Tunde Adeniran, and Chief Raymond Dokpesi, rejects the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairmanship election, says the process was rigged in favour of Prince Uche Secondus who emerged winner with 2000 votes out of 2296 votes cast.
3. Mr. Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker of the National House of Representative, describes the death of the Emir of Katagum, Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Umar, as a big loss to Nigeria. “We have lost one of our finest and highly revered Royal Fathers. A patriot and an elder statesman,” he said.
4. On Saturday, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State in an apparent response to the statement of Chief Bode George who withdrew from the PDP Chairmanship race and slammed Wike for declaring his support for Secondus, says that he has right to support any aspirant.
5. Ahead of 2019 Imo State Governorship election, the State House of Assembly reportedly adopts Governor Rochas Okorocha’s son-in-law for governor.
6. High Chief Raymond Dokpesi congratulates Uche Secondus as he defeated him with a wide margin to emerge PDP Chairman.
7. Senators and House of Representatives members alleges that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) looters funded President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2015 campaign.
8. The National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, to Gen. T.Y Danjuma (rtd), as he turns 80: “Your life personifies Nigeria’s history”.