Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Sunday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Prof. Banji Akintoye, a Second Republic Senator, and Maj. Gen. Collins Ihekire (rtd), former Chairman of the National Task Force on illegal importation, smuggling of goods, small arms, ammunition and light weapons, warns about growing Fulani settlements in South-West and South-East.
2. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State says that President Muhammadu Buhari is not in charge of running the nation, adding that Nigeria is doomed if he is not voted out in 2019.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari welcomes release of lecturers of the University of Maiduguri and some police women who were abducted by the Boko Haram terrorist group last year.
4. Federal Government charges Senator Dino Melaye for reportedly framing Kogi State Governor’s aide over alleged assassination attempt.
5. Some Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) accuses President Muhammadu Buhari of promoting corruption over the reinstatement of the Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Usman Yusuf.
6. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s third force Coalition of Nigeria Movement to reportedly open offices across Nigeria this week.
7. The Minister of Communication, Mr. Adebayo Shittu, alleges that President Muhammadu Buhari has done more for the South-East, and South-West regions than for his own region, north.
8. The Minister of Transport, Mr. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, says that he could have been killed while fighting to install President Buhari.
9. Ahead of 2019 Presidential Elections, Northern Leaders setup committee on Nigeria’s restructuring, begins search for a consensus northern presidential candidate.
10. President Buhari says that he does not have constitutional powers to create the federal government proposed cattle colonies for Fulani herdsmen.