Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Sunday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Mr. Abubakar Malami, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, says that the United Kingdom has paid Nigeria the sum of $70million recovered from the controversial Malabu oil deal. The payment is $15million short of what the UK is reportedly expected to pay Nigeria.
2. The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, says that former Delta State Governor, James Ibori, ensured the emergence of Mr. Ifeanyi Okowa, as Governor of Delta from prison in the UK.
3. Mr. Alfa Mohammed, the National Publicity Secretary of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), alleges that 3 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), 2 All Progressives Congress (APC) governors, 35 senators are set to join the party.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has warned the Nigerian military to heed the advice of Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu and steer clear of politics and acts that could endanger the nation’s democracy.
5. The Federal Government is set to establish 2 modular refineries in the Niger Delta region as one set of shipment had already arrived the country and is currently undergoing clearance by the Customs.
6. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday in Benue State said that the Federal Government must take proactive steps in ending the killings in Benue State or risk the consequences of burying more innocent Nigerians.
7. Abubakar Saleh Michika, the first civilian governor of Adamawa State, is dead. He died after days in come at the Federal Medical Centre in Yola, the state capital.
8. Angry lawmakers are allegedly planning against Kaduna State Senator Shehu Sani who revealed that senators go home with N13.5million monthly illegal allowances.