Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Ahead of the 2019 General Election, Northern Youths reportedly ask former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido, and others to step down for Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State. “Everybody in the country knows that, we are not where we ought to be as a country. That is why we are here to call on Governor Dankwambo of Gombe State to come and contest and rescue our country from the myriad of challenges bedevilling us, Chairman of the Coalition, Comrade Abdullahi Mohammed Jika, said in Kaduna.
2. Malam Ahmad Usman Bello, the National Chairman of Fulbe (Fulani) Development Association of Nigeria (FULDAN), says that no one can defeat the Fulani in Nigeria because the Fulani is too good to be beaten by any ethnic group in this country.
3. Tension in Kano as former Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso insists against advice of the Nigeria Police to visit Kano State.
4. Crises reportedly hits the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as Governors, Senators and House of Representative Members, joins former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s coalition.
5. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State in his response to the statement issued by Mr. Mansur Dan-Ali, the Minister of Defence, says that Dan-Ali is unfit to hold sensitive position.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari’s men fights back against former President Olusegun Obasanjo, says that he is the author of Nigeria’s many problems.
7. Former Naval Chief of Staff whose farm worth N200million was destroyed by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Kwara State reveals that Nigeria Police said they cannot arrest the sponsors of herdsmen.
8. Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, says that Federal Government’s proposal of cattle colony is provocative and repugnant.
9. Kogi State Senator, Dino Melaye, in new video mocks the State Governor, Mr. Yahaya Bello, says he’ll go to jail after his tenure as governor.
10. Senator Iyabo Obasanjo, daughter of former President Obasanjo, supports her father’s rejection of President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2019 ambition.