Good Morning Nigeria! Happy New Month! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Ahead of the burial of former Vice President Dr. Alex Ekwueme, the Government of Anambra State has declared Thursday a public holiday.
2. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State cries out, says Minister of Steel Kayode Fayemi and other All Progressives Congress (APC) Chieftains frustrating efforts to pay workers in the state.
3. Prof. Wole Soyinka, Prof. Pat Utomi, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Barrister Olisa Agbakoba, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili, Pastor Tunde Bakare, among others are expected to be present at a summit to launch third force movement against the ruling APC and opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) this month.
4. On Wednesday, the former ruling party PDP dismissed the report of the APC on restructuring, describes it as a ruse and fresh attempt to beguile Nigerians with another round of lies and hollow promises.
5. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria summouns the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, over failure to arrest perpetrators of gruesome killings in Benue State.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday vowed to review the nation’s security architecture to tackle security challenges confronting the country.
7. The National Chairman of the ruling APC, Chief John Oyegun, says that the party’s led federal government is running a bastardised federal structure.
8. Former Governor of Osun State, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former Governor of Crossriver State, Mr. Donald Duke, unveil former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s coalition in Abuja on Wednesday.
9. Opposition party, PDP, says they are afraid that the 2019 elections may not be credible.
10. Senator knocks Senator Isah Misua as he attempted to raise Kano APC crisis in Senate.