Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Thursday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, in his reaction to the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria after he was declared an enemy of democracy and unfit for public office over his refusal to honour the invitations by the senate 3 consecutive times, said that he owes the lawmakers no apologises over his action.
2. The Nigeria Police alleges that security men and some lawmakers conspired with thugs who invaded the Senate Chamber few weeks ago to steal the mace, which is the symbol of authority in the senate.
3. The operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team have arrested a dismissed police officer who was declared wanted over his involvement in the bank robbery attack in Offa, Kwara State, that led to the death of many people including 9 police officers. According to reports, the ex-cop identified as, Michael Adikwu, who dismissed from service in 2012 by the Kwara State Police Command for allegedly aiding the escape of some robbery suspects.
4. Fresh impending crisis rocks the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as members of the new Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP) who were highly instrumental in the emergence of the APC writes party chairman John Oyegun over alleged shoddy treatment. Alhaji Kawu Baraje, the former National Chairman of the nPDP, led 5 member delegation to a meeting with Oyegun at the APC National Secretariat in Abuja.
5. Northern leaders under the auspices of the Northern Leaders and Stakeholders Assembly on Wednesday had a closed door meeting with Senate President Bukola Saraki at the National Assembly Complex in Abuja.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a recent statement following President Muhammadu Buhari’s trip to London, United Kingdom, to see his doctor, said that Mr. President is unwell, ailing and unfit to run the country.