Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State says that President Muhammadu Buhari is the best option for Nigeria in 2019.
2. Speculations are that Yusuf Buhari, Mr. President’s son, who recently had accident, would be flown to a German hospital for further treatment. But the presidency has been silent on his condition.
3. The Oyo State Government in an apparent effort to clean up the state says that houses without waste bins will be sealed.
4. Prof. Wole Soyinka in his response to the gruesome herdsmen killings says that the attitude of the federal government shows that cow is even more important than humans. He further urged President Buhari not to treat Fulani herdsmen as Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan treated Boko Haram terrorist group.
5. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has reportedly paid full December 2017 salaries to the state workers.
6. The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, who was sent to Benue State days after the killings by suspected Fulani herdsmen, vow to apprehend and prosecute perpetrators.
7. Teachers in Kaduna State reportedly divided over planned Nigeria Union of Teachers strike order. Governor Nasir El-Rufai had threatened to sack teachers who participate in the strike protest.
8. The commissioner of Special Duties in Kano State, Abdullahi Sanusi, reportedly asked supporters to stone former Governor of the State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
9. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) tells court to order the final forfeiture of Ikoyi unclaimed property where huge amount of cash was found stashed.
10. Libyan returnees reportedly rejected N1000 offered to them by the Government of Edo State.