Good Day Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this today 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The National Bureau of Statistics on Thursday morning said that Nigeria’s Consumer Price Index which measures inflation rose by 13.34% in March 2018. According to the NBS the 13.34% in March is 0.99% points less than what was recorded in February which was 14.33%.
2. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has withdraw the murder charge against the Ekiti State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Jide Awe, and two others who were arraigned for the 2013 murder of Madam Juliana Adewunmi and Murphy Jeje, members of the Peoples Democratic Party. The duo were discharged and acquitted by the Ekiti State High Court in Ado Ekiti.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday while speaking with the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, said that the arms Muammar Gaddafi, a former Libyan leader, gave to his supporters to fight against the rebellion against him had filtered into Nigeria and they are now being used to fuel killings across the North-Central part of the country. “These gunmen were trained and armed by Muammar Gaddafi of Libya. When he was killed, the gunmen escaped with their arms. We encountered some of them fighting with Boko Haram,” he said
4. On Wednesday following assurances by President Muhammadu Buhari that the killings in certain parts of the country would stop, a fresh attack in Logo and Ukum Local Government areas of Benue State, by suspected Fulani herdsmen left about 10 persons dead and many others injured.
5. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria orders the Nigeria Customs to conclude probe on the alleged importation of security gadgets by Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.