Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Osun State House of Assembly issued an arrest warrant for the arrest of Bola Ige’s son, Muyiwa Ige. Muyiwa who was a former Commissioner for Lands, Physical Planning and Urban Development, says he was never invited.
2. Gunmen attacked a farm house belonging to the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, killed a police sergeant on duty.
3. Nigeria has reportedly recorded about N20trillion e-payment transactions in Q3.
4. Yuletide: Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State offers free transportation for Enugu indigenes returning for the celebration.
5. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode says that Lagos State has so far enjoyed religious harmony.
6. Ikoyi whistle-blower has reportedly moved out of the country as federal government pays first tranche.
7. The National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in his response to the report that he may emerge as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate in 2019, says that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is performing, adding that he can’t be Buhari’s running mate.
8. Chief Olisa Metuh, a former spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says that the national leaders will excel.
9. The Yoruba caucus of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State over comment that President Olusegun Obasanjo was a failure. Adding that statements like this is the reason why Yoruba in the PDP had been pushed to the edge of the cliff and relegated in the opposition party’s scheme of things.
10. PDP Convention: Aggrieved members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has reportedly threatened to form parallel National Working Committee.