Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State in his reaction to the emergence of a new faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said that, for disturbing the peace, fresh PDP leaders ought to have been arrested and jailed.
2. One of the former aspirant for the position of the PDP National Chairmanship, Prof. Tunde Adenira, who lost the election at the recently held National Convention disowns new faction.
3. The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, under fire over the arrest of Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, the CEO of Innoson Motors.
4. Igbo youths warn the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to stop emasculation game.
5. The Nigeria Customs Service reportedly lost 26 personnel to Boko Haram insurgent.
6. Herdsmen reportedly shot at a Nigerian AirForce Fighter jet in Adamawa State.
7. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has reportedly approved two months salaries for Imo workers.
8. Federal Government considering to increase the scope of work at the Lagos-Ibadan road to N300billion.
9. The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, kicks as new PDP group opens new party secretariat.
10. Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, the Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has warned that traffic offenders will pay a N100,000 fine.
11. Senator Dino Melaye was recently featured in a rap music video.
12. The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, ahead of 2019 election, warns police officers against unethical conduct.
13. The National House of Representatives has accused the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) of hiding about $5billion illegally.
14. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Wednesday condemned the arrest of Mr. Chukwuma Innocent, the CEO of Innoson Motors, mandate committee to investigate and report back in 24hours.
15. Former Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State says that he left over N14billion in the state treasury.
16. The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says that digital TV will generate about N100billion for Nollywood.
17. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria urges Federal Government not to sell National Theatre and other national assets.
18. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) wants to build 4,600mw power plants in Abuja, Kaduna and Kano.
19. The Nigeria Police tells the Senate of the Federal Republic that it needs N1.13trillion annually.