Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers ????. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari as he arrived Kano on Wednesday on a two days official visit, commissioned the release of 500 prisoners.
2. The Board of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on aggrieved members who left the party to follow the steps of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and return home. PDP said, “as the party joyfully welcomes Atiku back to his home PDP, we are equally waiting to receive more members. “We are waiting for the President of the Senate, Sen. Bukola Saraki, Sen, Rabiu Kwankwaso, other senators, members of House of Representatives and APC governors who left the PDP.
3. The Court of Appeal sitting in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, has upheld the election of Senator Fatimat Raji Rasaki representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District.
4. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State reportedly approves 30 percent bonus for his aides and workers ahead of yuletide.
5. President Donald J. Trump on Wednesday ignored world leaders, fuels alarm across Mideast, and defy decades of United States policy and international policy by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
6. The United Nations Security Council will meet on Friday over the recent recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital by President Donald Trump of the United States.
7. Federal Government orders the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, to end fuel crisis this weekend.
8. PDP says that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who recently defected to the party will speak at Saturday’s National Convention.
9. The Independent Corruption Practices and other related offences commission (ICPC) has reportedly arrested a retired Appeal Court judge, Justice Mohammed Tsamiya, for allegedly demanding N200million bribe in exchange for a favourable judgment in a National Assembly election case.
10. The Northern Traditional Rulers Council has expressed worries over the alarming rate of drug abuse among northern women.
11. The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the establishment of six new private universities in Nigeria. The Universities are; Admiralty Univerity, Ibusa, Delta State; Spiritan University, Nneochi, Abia State; Precious Cornerstone University, Ibadan, Oyo State; Pamo University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt, Rivers State; Atiba University, Oyo State; and Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences Lagos.
12. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar will not vote at the Saturday December 9 National Convention.
13. Supreme Court fixes March 2, 2018 to rule of the continued detention of former National Security Adviser under Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
14. Ahead of the PDP National Convention, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State and PDP Chairman National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, visits former Head of State, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babandida (IBB).
15. The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, says his reform is targeted at a more vibrant judiciary.