Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Thursday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The National House of Representatives wants the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, sacked over herdsmen killings. The lawmakers also rejected Benue Panel report, seeks Governor Samuel Ortoms contribution.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo who is championing the third force Coalition of Nigeria Movement, says that he has no preferred candidate for any political office.
3. The spokesman of former Head of State, Mr. Kassim Afegbua, visited the Nigeria Police on Wednesday following his order for arrest issued by the IG of Police, Ibrahim Idris. He was however released after two hours of interaction.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has vehemently condemned President Muhammadu Buhari for the reinstatement of the suspended Executive Secretary of National Health Insurance Scheme, Usman Yusuf, who was suspended by the Minister of Health, Prof. Adewole. The Chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, also said that Buhari is practicing nuclear nepotism.
5. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State says that he has parted ways with the former Governor of the State, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.
6. Christian Nwosu, an official of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), who is standing trial over an alleged bribe of N30million to rig the 2015 polls, was on Wednesday re-arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
7. Fulani herdsmen allegedly killed the boss in charge of Saki Unit of the Special Anti-Robbery Squard (SARS) in Oyo. The unfortunate incident reportedly happened on Tuesday night during an operation in a forest on Saki-Ogbooro road, in Oke-Ogun area.