Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Former military Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, in a recent statement said that the older generation must give way for younger generation to take over power in Nigeria as they have become analogue. He is apparently talking about President Muhammadu Buhari who he had several weeks ago advised against contesting in 2019.
2. Three (3) months after telling President Muhammadu Buhari to forget about 2019, President Olusegun obasanjo again attacks Buhari, says he is a failure. The former president warns Nigerians against voting for the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Buhari in 2019.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) House of Representatives members tell the APC-led Federal Government that Nigerians are suffering under their watch.
4. A former deputy governor of Ekiti State, Mrs. Bisi Omoyemi, who served under Governor Ayodele Fayose; a senator representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District, Mrs. Fatima Raji-Rasaki, and a former Secretary to the Ekiti State Government, Dare Bejide, have defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
5. Governor Ayodele Fayose in his reaction to the list of those who looted public funds released by the federal government said that President Buhari should be the first on the list, adding that Buhari cannot sell integrity image any longer.
6. Easter attack by the Boko Haram terrorist group left about 30 persons dead and over 80 seriously injured. The attack occurred in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno, after hours of gun battle with soldiers as the insurgents tried to invade the state capital.
7. The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in its reaction to the President Muhammadu Buhari’s proposed amnesty for Boko Haram terrorist said that the APC-led federal government runs on lies and deceit.
8. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has reassured Nigerians of the return of Leah Sharibu, one of the schoolgirls of the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, who was not released by Boko Haram over her refusal to denounce Christianity for Islam.