Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State in a statement yesterday described President Muhammadu Buhari’s planned visit to Taraba, Benue, Zamfara, Yobe, and Rivers states, as an afterthought and vote seeking ahead of 2019.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in an event to mark his 81st birthday revealed what would appear to be his greatest regret in life. According to the former Nigerian leader, the inability of his parent to live long to enjoy the fruit of their labour and to see how success he was always makes him sad.
3. Liberian President George Weah on Monday visited President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Mr. Weah after meeting Buhari behind closed doors requested 6000 teachers from Nigeria as part of an effort to build capacity in his country.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari who visited Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, to commiserate with the State Government over the recent killings in the state, said that there was more deaths in Taraba crisis than Benue and Zamfara combined. He also ordered that any Fulani herdsman who is found with AK-47 rifle should be charge to court.
5. The United States of America revealed that Nigeria’s 2019 general elections is its major priority. According to the US Department of State, a peaceful transition remains its major priority considering Nigeria’s strategic position in the West African sub-region.
6. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has reportedly obtained a warrant to arrest Mr. Leo Ogor, the Minority Leader of the National House of Representatives, as he allegedly refused invitation to the anti-graft.
7. Chief Edwin Clark, Niger State elder statesman, urges President Muhammadu Buhari to declare state of emergence in Boko Haram ravaged states, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa.