Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s what you need to know this Tuesday morning 🙂. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement on Monday said that he will be traveling to London, United Kingdom, to see his doctor. The trip will last for 4 days and he is expected back to the country by Saturday. His two-day working visit to Jigawa State has been scheduled for Monday and Tuesday next week after his arrival.
2. On Monday, Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Mr.Yakubu Dogara, met President Muhammadu Buhari in his office at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. The National Assembly leaders talked about the persecution of Senator Dino Melaye by the police, the disobedience of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, the 2018 Budget. President Buhari also briefed them about his trip to the United States to see President Donald Trump.
3. Today in Ekiti State, Governor Fayose’s Deputy, Olusola Eleka; Senator Abiodun Olujimi, representing Ekiti South Senatorial District; and a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party National Caretaker Committee, Dayo Adeyeye; battle for 2132 delegates votes in the state governorship primary election ahead of the 14 July governorship poll.
4. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has exposed an alleged grand corruption involving a massive sum of $3billion during the administration of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. According to the vice president, the revelation is just a tip of the iceberg. Although the name of Jonathan was not mentioned in the details, the corruption involved his former Minister of Petroleum Resource, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, and others.
5. Notorious billionaire kidnap, Evans, reportedly wept in court on Monday, says that he’s been beaten and maltreated while in prisons custody without good food. “Let me face my trial alive” he begs in court.