Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State appoints Idowu Ajanaku as his Special Adviser Information and Strategy.
2. The Nigerian Prisons Services in a statement on Monday as an apparent reaction to reports that Charles Okah and other inmates had been prevented from medical care at the Kuje Prisons said that all inmates in Kuje are in safe custody.
3. The Nigeria Police arrests a 37 year old woman who pretends to be the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Mrs. Aisha Buhari.
4. Islamic cleric advises Fulani herdsmen to restrict their cattle to avoid clashes.
5. Federal Government has reportedly released N35billion for salary arrears of 267 MDAs.
6. The Nigeria Intervention Movement (NIM) has condemned the Governor of Kaduna State, Mr. Nasir El-Rufai, over the sack of about 36,000 workers in the state including school teachers. As the governor says that first batch of the newly recruited teachers are ready.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met with leaders from Benue State and Governor Samuel Ortom over the recent killings by suspected Fulani herdsmen. The elders from Benue State also insisted that there is no land for federal government proposed cattle colony.
8. In a new video released by the Boko Haram terrorist group, abducted Chibok school girls say that that they won’t return.
9. Youth reportedly accuses Chief Mike Ozekhome of shielding looters in Nigeria.
10. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State says that Nigerians are punishing towards war unknowingly.
11. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) begins to direct fuel supply to independent marketers.
12. Ekiti State bars former Governor of the State and current Minister of Steel, Kayode Fayemi, from holding public offices.