Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust, Thisday, etc.). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Speaker of the National House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has described the President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senator Bukola Saraki, as a dogged patriot.
2. Federal Government says that former Senate President David Mark illegally acquired Senate President’s official residence.
3. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says that the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, is trying to sell rejected APC to Oyo people.
4. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State in an apparent mockery of Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, says that Deltans don’t need ministry of happiness to be happy.
5. The All Progressives Congress (APC) in its response to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over $1billion Excess Crude Oil Account fund approved for the purchase of weapons, says that President Muhammadu Buhari is not reckless like Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.
6. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has reportedly approved the refund of N28,500 each to 2017 Hajj pilgrims.
7. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that private sectors must respective minimum wage for its workers.
8. Governor of Niger State says that the state’s N15billion tax revenue was wrongly paid to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
9. Alhaji Sanusi Lamido, the Emir of Kano, said that drug tests should be conducted on public officials.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has extended the tenure of the Chiefs of Army, Air Force, and Navy.