Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories across major Nigerian Newspapers (Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Daily Trust & Thisday). We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Newspapers 🙂. Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party National Convention Panel Committee set up to organize the forthcoming national convention coming up on Saturday, bans presidential ticket campaign.
2. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has sworn in 28 new commissioners in the state including his own biological sister, Mrs. Ogechi Ololo (nee Okorocha), as the Commissioner for Happiness and Couples Fulfillment.
3. Federal Government says it records 250,000 new cancer cases every year in Nigeria.
4. Following the #EndSARS campaign that flooded social media over the weekend, the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the re-organization of SARS and the probing of its personnel conduct.
5. Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State on Monday said that the state loses about N3 to N5 billion as revenue monthly from haphazard toll collection.
6. Chief Ayo Arise, a former Senator who represented Ekiti North Senatorial District from 2007 – 2011 has been reportedly kidnapped.
7. The National Caretaker Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, on Monday inaugurated the National Convention Committee, says that PDP did not give former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who just defected to the party any concession.
8. MASSOB tells President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to forget presidency.
9. Nigeria’s former First Lady, Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan, reportedly begs court to de-freeze her account.
10. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said that public funds were not found in the account of Ex-Minister Bala Mohammed.
11. Dangote Cement Plc has signed a partnership agreement with Jumia Online Shopping platform, to offer its cement for sales to its customers online with a minimum purchase price of 300bags at the rate of N2,500/bag.
12. Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara State proposes N130.7billion budget for 2018.
13. Court orders the arrest of the former Governor of Enugu State, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani over N5.3billion fraud.
14. Governor Nyesom Wike reportedly gives 16 SUVs to Rivers State NASS members.
15. Six year old Ali Ahmadu, a victim of Boko Haram attack who could not walk following an attack by the insurgents that affected him, yesterday returned to Nigeria after a successful surgery in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
16. Campaign for Democracy (CD) on Monday accused the Federal Government of abandoning former Vice President Alex Ekwueme in London hospital.
17. Presidency in its apparent reply to recent attack by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who recently dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says that it won’t roll in the mud with him.
18. Following warning by the United States and the United Kingdom of an impending attack by Boko Haram, the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, orders ASPs, CPs, to beef up security.
19. Former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, tells court that he wants Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to testify despite threats to his life.
20. If Nigeria makes the mistake of bringing back President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019, we as a nation will suffer it for 50 – 100 years, says Femi Fani Kayode.